A dog attack is terrifying! Even a friendly dog can snap and bite. Dog bites can cause serious injuries, resulting in permanent damage or scarring. It is important to hold the owner of the dog accountable. Stanley Law has years of experience handling cases of dog bites. We will work vigorously to get maximum compensation for your injuries. This could include medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, psychological counseling, and scar revision surgery.
When Can You File A Lawsuit for a Dog Bite?
You can sue a dog owner or anyone who has custody over the animal for a dog bite lawsuit under these conditions:
- If the defendant is the owner of the dog
- If you were bitten while on public property or while you were lawfully on private property
- If you suffered an injury
Situations Where You Cannot Sue For a Dog Bite?
- If the dog was protecting its owner in self-defense
- If the dog was a military or police dog that was on duty
- If the dog was provoked by abusing or teasing it
- The dog chased you and caused you to fall down and suffer an injury
Statute of Limitations on Dog Bite Cases in California:
Dog Bite cases are considered Personal Injury Claims, hence the Statute of Limitations on Dog Bite Claims is the same as that of Personal Injury Claims. California’s Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury cases is two years.
Time to file a Claim may be running out. Contact Stanley Law for a Free Evaluation of your case. Do not settle for less; get the compensation you deserve.
Stanley Law has been serving the greater Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley for over 10 years.
Contact us today to get a free consultation and find how much your case might be worth.